Available to purchase from the links below!
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2 (Academic Licence) Edition
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Edition
- Bundle Pack (contains all the above versions in one convenient installer at a discounted price!)
If you are a purchaser of the Texan Driver – Early Access product, please download the release version from your Early Access product invoice.
This product is an artistic representation of the subject matter, which is inspired by the Beechcraft T-6/B and T-6/C Texan II aircraft.
This product is not endorsed or affiliated with Beechcraft, the United States Air Force or the United States Navy, in any way.
‘Beechcraft’ is a trademark of Beechcraft Corporation and is used for descriptive purposes only.
“Fly one of the worlds most advanced Turboprop trainers!”
From its humble beginnings in 1937 the Texan has come a long way.
Originally developed as an advanced trainer for pilots before they graduated to first-line tactical aircraft, the Texan has undergone many facelifts and upgrades over the years.
Still a training aircraft, the T-6 is a tandem-seat, turboprop trainer enabling pilots to train for real-life missions, and is the preferred choice of militaries around the world.
The T-6B Texan II is an upgraded avionics version of the T-6A, which include an all-glass cockpit with three 5 x 7 multifunction displays, a head-up display, hands-on throttle and stick, and dual redundant Integrated Avionics Computers. It also features an open design to cater for future growth.
The T-6C features a range of training capabilities from initial pilot screening to advanced operational training. The aircraft is sophisticated. It includes mission computers, situational awareness data links, helmet-mounted cueing technology, munitions, and mounted avionics. And like the T-6B, open-architecture glass cockpit, offers the pilot incomparable visibility and room to extend the aircraft’s capabilities, in order to meet future training demands.
The cockpit of the T-6C features three interchangeable colour active-matrix liquid-crystal Multi-Function Displays (MFDs), primary flight display, navigation, engine-indicating and crew-alerting systems. It also includes programmable advanced mission functions such as a tactical situation display and MIL-STD 1787 head-up display (HUD) with F-16 or F/A-18 selectable display capabilities, and a backup, all-in-one flight instrument enabling the pilot to read essential flight cues in a matrix liquid-crystal display.
This total integration of instrument, navigation and advanced systems, enables tomorrow’s pilots develop their training skills.
So if you want to hone your skills, jump inside the most proven and cost-effective training aircraft in the world.
- Custom sounds built from authentic T-6/B Texan II audio from both inside the cockpit and the exterior of the aircraft.
- Custom displays and detailed on-board systems based on publicly available information and T-6/B aircrew feedback.
- Realistic flight models built and tested by pilots with experience on the aircraft.
- Twenty superb HD textures!
- Realistic material reflection and shine.
- Volumetric propeller effect.
- Custom HD paintkit with blank texture and stencils in Photoshop PSD format.
- Custom in cockpit audio for the audible warning system and more.
- Authentic manual and documentation to provide the most realistic procedural simulation possible.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X with the Acceleration Expansion pack installed
OR Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold edition.
OR Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Version 2.
Recommended System Requirements
Windows Vista/7/8 (32 or 64 bit)
Intel Core i7 3.2Ghz or equivalent CPU
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti or equivalent GPU with 512Mb RAM
8Gb DDR3 RAM
Current Version & Hotfixes
Current Version available via sales partners – V1.0.20150306.2357
There is no preview available at this time