The A-10 Thunderbolt II is an American single-seat, twin-engine, straight-wing jet aircraft developed by Fairchild-Republic in the early 1970s. The A-10 was designed for a United States Air Force requirement to provide close air support (CAS) for ground forces by attacking tanks, armored vehicles, and other ground targets with a limited air interdiction capability. It is the first U.S. Air Force aircraft designed exclusively for close air support.
The A-10 was designed around the GAU-8 Avenger, a heavy automatic cannon which forms the aircraft's primary armament. The aircraft's hull incorporates over 1,200 pounds (540 kg) of armor and was designed with survivability as a priority, with protective measures in place which enable the aircraft to continue flying even after taking significant damage.
FSX Version // V2.10
- * Custom soundpack by IRIS AudioworX
- * 3D Gauges for silky smooth operation and optimized performance.
- * Custom payload manager for your on-board weapons.
- * Superb flight models for the A-10A .
- * A wide variety of paint-schemes in high resolution.
- * Custom in cockpit audio for the pilot, airborne warning controller, tanker operator and more.
- * Working GAU-8 Avenger cannon with sound effects.
- * New design techniques including 'Lotus Style' landing light effects, in-game night vision capability and more.
This product is not endorsed or affiliated with Fairchild-Republic or its owners in any way.
All trademarks shown are the property of their respective owners and are used for descriptive purposes only.
This TACPACK Edition product features the A-10 Warthog designed specifically for Microsoft Flight Simulator X with Vertical Reality Simulations TacPack product installed. TacPack is NOT shipped with this product and must be purchased seperately from www.vrsimulations.com for this product to work.
- * Microsoft Flight Simulator X with the Acceleration Expansion pack installed.
- * Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold edition.
- * Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2.
- * Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3.
Recommended System Requirements
Windows 7 64-Bit
Intel Core i7 3.2Ghz or equivalent CPU
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560Ti or equivalent Graphics Card.
14GB DDR3 RAM
A well configured FSX/P3D installation with minimal background processes is also recommended. Please note that all products are tested and evaluated using default settings and a default FSX/P3D installation to ensure a fair evaluation process. Addition of other 3rd party software MAY affect your performance and experience.